Sunday, January 08, 2006

I wish I had answers
To the thoughts that my prevailed my mind

I asked myself a simple question
Why was I surrounded by
So much kindness
So much love
So much care

So many people
So many friends
So many memories

For my answers
I gazed outside my window
and watched the surroundings

I watched many people
As they walked across my sight
I wondered at each of them
How many were like me

Were their lives similar
To what I have
To what I own
To what I cherish

Life was moving
They were at work

Watchful were ...
Their words
Their actions
Their demands

How many of them had someone
or something to care about

I wondered if they were searching for something
Something that bereaved them

I crystal gazed at my future
Flooded were my thoughts
Would I turn the same?
Would life be this way?

I groped into darkness

Thats when amongst the dark
I found a shining gem
I moved towards it
I treaded uncaring

Answers came
That this is what i found..

I embraced this gem
I closed my hands
And held it tight under my fists

I would never let it go
Never let it fall
Never lose it

My gem signified
My people
My friends
My memories..

2 comments:

Divya said...

life as its is just fleeting moments, its just who u spend these moments with makes it worthwhile..Day after day u spend time among ppl who hardly care bout ur existance...i fact the reason they exist here is only bcos they have to...thats the time when u look back at all those ppl who made a difference i ur life..thats the time u appreciate what uve got family & friends...

chint2 said...

I can only remember the dialogue from Bluff Master.
these are your moments in life which you wil remember.
these are the those memeories , days , people for whom you have lived.

these will be your getaways for the rest of your life, but only if they bring smiles.